Thursday, May 17, 2012

YSL Glossy Lip Stain Review

I have noticed that lately most of high end brands have been introducing long lasting lip products. The most intersting one was the YSL Glossy Lip Stain.



The idea of this product is very different than the usual lip stains. We usually get a lip stain in a marker pen form or a liquid lipstick form, which are very drying on the lips. This lip stain is glossy !!




My Experiance with YSL Glossy Stain

First of all I have to say that this product is not for those who like the matte finish of a lip color. If you are a lip gloss person this product is yours!

Application: The applicator is very similar to a lipgloss or liquid lipstick as shown in the picture above. When you apply the product, it feels like a liquid lipstick and not like a lipgloss! however after it settles into your lips, you will start feeling the glossiness of the stain. I told you this product is very intersting!

Texture: The gloss is high shine and non-sticky. It has a verry nice feeling on the lips. When the product settles into the lips, I think it gets seprated into a stain and a sheer gloss. To test that I kissed the back of my hand, and the gloss comes off transparent with no color, or with minimum color for the darker shades.

Staying power
: It stayed with me almost 5 to 6 hrs. The gloss wears off with eating and drinking, but the color stays on.

Swatches


They have a differnt range of shades. I have four of them.


I have the shades 17, 12, 15, 18


Here are the swatches from left to right 17, 12, 15, 18

Swatches from up to down 17, 12, 15, 18

Here they are after wiping them off!


My Recommendation: You can wear this lip stain with a lip liner or without. It depends on the look that you are going for. So your lips can look soft or vibrant. Just be carefull when you apply it, because its not a gloss its a lip stain. You don't want to apply it outside of your natural lip line.


Overall I like the product. I wear it whenever am going to drink and eat and can't touch up!!

I hope you like the review. Please comment bellow and let me know if you would like me to do more product reviews in the future.

Stay happy, healthy and beautiful!

xoxo,
Artista









2 comments:

  1. Great review- number 17 looks like a lovely shade :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Agree I love that shade the most ;)

      Delete